Friday 21 June 2013

Sexual Favors For work...

Anu's Chatter...


The other afternoon I went to my old neighborhood......met my tailor friend who used to stitch most of my family clothes.....in 2002!
 I was extremely happy about meeting an old acquaintance...and we got to talking....We discussed lives and he was elated over the fact that I had become a full time writer....Over a cup of steaming coffee while watching the pelting rain  in his small store we gossiped to glory....

 After a while ....he  busied himself cutting the designed cloth  while  giving news .He shared that his elder daughter was studying to become a media professional and  he was planning to bring in the much creative second  one into the fashion business...

Anees( My friend) my all time favorite 'Tailor Master' was apprehensive about the big bad world of Bollywood and advertising media his daughter was ready to step in.... The conversation steered to casting couch and the likes....I just moved my head...
"There is no such thing I said .Yes! if one aspired to be an  actress then I cannot tell."
He disagreed..to my trepidation....
 "No ma'm the places my daughter had been seeking jobs they asked  for it. Now in-fact it is  very open.  The big bosses ask for sexual favours in return for a job!"

I said..."I am at least not knowledgable about such stuff."I took leave promising him some good contacts for his daughter and a Job!

After the conversation I spoke to a few people and came off shocked that in-fact such favors were being asked  in very big organizations!

At school I had written  essays Like- 'India Of my Dreams' and 'Women  Prime- Ministers of our country!' Now I am sad to say that  I am writing about sex in the work place!

The bottom line is I feel sorry for the plight of  working women  in our country now? Talk about sex trafficking!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment